This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Coastal Vulnerability Model - Natural habitat error

Hi guys,

I'm trying to run InVEST CV Model with my own created data on Natural Habitats. I followed the guide to create the shapefiles and regarding .csv table, but I get an error and I do not know why. I checked the correct spelling, the names in the .csv file are the same as the shapefiles in my Natural habitat working directory folder, but still, the error occurs.
The error message:
"AssertionError encountered: Missing 3 element(s) from line ['Coral;1;1;857'] in C:/Users/csaba/Uni/Dissertation/Data/InVEST/2015/Natural_habitat15.csv"

I really appreciate the help!

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi @CFoldesi -

Are the values in your CSV separated by commas or semicolons? It looks like semicolons from the error, but the model requires that they be separated by commas. 

~ Stacie
  • Hi Swolny,

I saved it as CSV file separated by commas, so it should be separated by commas, right?
    Theoretically yes, but I've seen it end up with semicolons, even though you'd think that a "comma-separated value" table would only be commas. Check it in a text editor like Notepad - you can't see the separators in Excel.

~ Stacie

• I did check it that way and it looks like it's separated by commas.
  • Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I really fail to see the issue here...
    319 x 155 - 6K
    Thanks for posting the table - your fields are separated by semicolons (;), not by commas (,) and they need to be commas.

~ Stacie

• Oh yeah, now I realised... but how do I save them into commas rather than semicolons? I tried every available csv format in excel but they all turn back a semicolon separated file.
  • Thanks a lot Stacie, I figured out the issue, it's running smoothly now!
  • karthikarthi Member

Hi guys,

While I am running InVEST Coastal Vulnerability Model I got
    an error I do not know, If you have any solution please inform to me.

The error message:

AssertionError: Error: 1.  00_PRE_landmass_aoi_adjusted is empty,

2.Are D:/Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary/coastal ulnerability/final_layers_6032019/layers/Land_Polygon.shp

3. Area_of_Interest2.shp mis-aligned

• Hi,

This sounds like a projection error - is your AOI shapefile projected correctly?